How long does it take for ears to heal?
It takes up to a year before the holes are completely healed. During this period of time, it is not recommended to wear jewellery made from heavy metals or that may cause an allergic reaction. We advise against buying earrings of unknown origin. Earrings put in during the procedure should be removed after 6 weeks. Only once the healing process is over, it is possible to exchange them for another set of earrings, preferably Blomdahl’s. It would greatly minimise the risk of allergic reaction occurrence. Great care should be taken when changing earrings. The skin that has grown within the holes is still thin and delicate hence can easily tear, which may cause an infection.
Compendium of knowledge about Piercing the ears
- What ear piercing method is employed by Easy Waxing?
- Can one-year-olds get their ears pierced?
- Is it possible to get 2 ear piercings in the earlobe during one visit? How to properly set up an appointment?
- Do Blomdahl earrings have hypoallergenic properties?
- How long does it take for ears to heal?
- Can I purchase in your studio a new set of earrings?
- Can I make use of swimming pool, gym etc. having had ears pierced?
- What to do when an earring gets lost?
- Can I rely on your help with putting in the new set of earrings later on?
- What should I do in case I lose an earring stopper?
- Is Blomdahl’s ear piercing also dedicated for adults?
- Are there different models of piercing earrings?
- Is there an additional fee charged if medical grade titanium earrings are chosen?
- Can a minor come to a piercing appointment without an adult supervision?
- Is Blomdahl ear piercing a painful procedure?