Can I do gel manicure when I have onychomycosis?
It is a contraindication to carrying out gel manicure. Gel layer that should remain on the nail plate from 2 to 4 weeks prevents a direct contact of nail with air and sunlight. Such conditions guarantee rapid fungus development. Applying gel layer may only worsen pre-existing condition. One can easily infect with onychomycosis. That’s why nail varnishes, tops and bases used on subsequent clients cannot be used on infected nail plate. It is essential to deal with the disorder first, and only then manicure can be safely carried out.
Compendium of knowledge about Gel Manicure
- Can I remove gel manicure by myself?
- Does gel manicure damage nail plate?
- How long does gel manicure last?
- Can men also have gel manicure done?
- Is epilepsy a contraindication to doing gel manicure?
- Cancer vs gel manicure – one excludes the other?
- Can gel manicure be carried out while suffering from autoimmune disease?
- Can gel manicure bring about an allergic reaction?
- Can I do gel manicure when I have onychomycosis?
- How does gel manicure after care look like?
- How to choose between gel manicure and acrylic nails? Which one is better?
- Is gel manicure suitable for teenagers?
- Gel is used only in case of damaged nails – fact or myth?
- I have weak and brittle nails – can I do gel manicure?
- Is pregnancy a contraindication to gel manicure?
- Can I do gel manicure while breastfeeding?